Thursday, February 28, 2013

Musings on Etsy selling.

I have a job.
I file things. I stamp things. I stick things in envelopes.
For my filing and enveloping expertise, I am paid $8 an hour.
It is monotonous.

I also have an etsy shop.
I make paper. I make tiny books.
I iron paper to get the surface as flat and beautiful as possible. I pamphlet stitch tiny pages and modpodge tiny covers and learn the fine art of how to use an awl.
I also muddle through the complexity of pricing, shipping, and plugging my shop.
It is challenging, hard, but not monotonus.

I make much less money in my Etsy selling than my job. But I know that every dollar I get through selling my work is a product of my ideas and creativity. That I'm inching toward success as an artist.

Here is my shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/laurencreatesthings

Here is a thing I made!

Here is some paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment