Friday, February 1, 2013

DEEP DARK SEA ~ INSPIRATION

I have a class assignment to tell a traditional fairy tale in comic form.
Not only comic form, but 4-panels maximum. For not just a scene, the entire thing.
So I'm scrambling my brains to figure that out, but while I'm here I'm going to dredge up some visual inspiration. 

Despite other fairy tales having simpler structures, I really wanted to do The Little Mermaid. Not like the sugar-coated Disney telling of the story, but like the original tale. Which, unlike the Disnified version, does not end up happily, but ends with our poor little mermaid disintegrating into sea foam.

So, I guess I'm going for a sort of dark beauty sort of thing?

Anyway. Inspiration time.


No source on this one, sorry.
No source on this one, sorry
also no source, sorry!




No source, but the title is Siren Song and the artist Lia Melia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment