Tuesday, August 27, 2013

LAUREN'S THING OF THE DAY _ The NU Project

In the summer, with the advent of shortshorts and bikinis, I sometimes get a little sensitive about my thunderthighs and tummy. I know I'm not alone here, ladies. Even the most body-positive of us have bad days.

This photography project helps me out a little in this regard. The NU Project seeks to photograph a wide range of body types, in the buff. Its refreshing to see body types like mine in a beautiful photoshoot, because there is no waay I will ever see anything like this in a magazine or on tv.

It also seeks to divorce the often intertwined concepts of nudity and sexualization. These women are depicted in a way that seems comfortable and natural.

Here are a few of my personal favorites from the collection

A pair of lovely legs arises mysteriously from a bathtub.

I really like this one because her pose seems a little gestural and reaching, yet still sitting. The cat is also similarly gestural.
Something a little lonely about this one.
All images and information are from http://www.thenuproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment